Clearer, smoother skin, permanent hair reduction, prevention of ingrowing hairs, precise results and practically pain free - these are just a few benefits of laser hair removal.
Why Laser is Fast Becoming the Number One Choice for Hair Removal?
Instead of shaving, waxing and tweezing frequently, laser hair removal is fast becoming the number one form of hair removal worldwide. After all, who doesn’t want a body/face, minus the bumps and irritation caused by other forms of hair removal and more importantly, after a course of treatments, virtually no hair! Sounds like a god send, and indeed it is! Laser hair removal when performed with the latest and best technology by trained laser specialists delivers the results that you expect; dramatic removal of unwanted hair.
What is Laser Hair Removal hair & How Does it Work?
At Pure Aesthetics we pride ourselves in laser hair removal and we use only the best, LightSheer, a globally recognised Gold Standard Laser Hair Removal Technology. LightSheer is clinically documented and proven to deliver results. It effectively treats the broadest range of skin types. The system safely treats all skin types (Fitzpatrick I–VI), including tanned skin. High power and unique output control enable treatment of nearly any hair diameter or hair colour.
During your treatment, a laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. The light emitted is well absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair follicles. Prior to the procedure, the treatment area is shaved. During the laser hair removal procedure the upper layer of the skin is compressed and cooled with the special cooling hand piece. This feature protects the skin and makes the procedure more effective. Then the laser pulses for a fraction of a second, just long enough to heat up the hair and disable the follicle’s ability to re-grow. Lasers are useful for removing unwanted hair from the face, arms, underarms, bikini line and other areas.
The result: Hair reduction in the treated area that lasts!
1. Firstly you will need to book a consultation by either calling in to our clinic or telephoning us. 2. When you arrive for your consultation you will be greeted by the receptionist. 3. The receptionist will show you to the waiting area and ask you to complete a medical questionnaire form. 4. The nurse will collect you from the waiting area and take you through to the treatment room. 5. You will then discuss your medical history with the nurse. 6. The nurse will describe the treatment to you, answer any queries you may have, and then give you a personalised treatment plan. 7. The area to be treated will be shaved to a length of about 1mm. 8. Both you and the nurse will then put on a pair of light protection glasses. 9. A patch test will be performed by the nurse to achieve a clinical reaction from your skin. 10. Aloe Vera gel will be applied to the patch tested area to help alleviate any discomfort. 11. You will then need to wait a week to ensure that you do not experience any side effects. 12. You will then be able to begin your treatment. 13. Each treatment is spaced 6-12 weeks apart.
Why Laser Hair Removal is the Best Method...
Here are just some of the benefits of laser hair removal treatment:
1. It’s Quick
Whilst you will need multiple treatment sessions each treatment will be a minimum of 6 weeks apart. Each laser treatment is fairly quick - depending on the size of the area being treated it can take from just 15 minutes up to 2 hours for larger areas. Appointment times are shown when booking your treatment online.
2. It’s Precise
Laser technology is incredibly precise, making laser hair removal ideal for people looking to target and remove a few specific hairs. This makes it a great option, even if you’re looking to remove small areas of hair from around the eyebrows, upper lip, nose, bikini line, or hairline.
3. It Prevents Ingrown Hairs
Whilst other methods of hair removal shaving, waxing, and other methods of hair removal can cause ingrown hairs, laser hair removal can prevent them. Laser hair removal destroys the hair at the root, so you’ll never have to worry about hairs growing back in or becoming ingrown.
4. It Can Remove Hair From Any Part of the Body
Laser hair removal can be performed on any part of the body and is especially ideal for the back and bikini area, which can be hard to reach with razors and extremely painful to wax.
5. There's No Need For Hair Regrowth In Between Treatments
Some methods, such as waxing and plucking, require that you endure a bit of regrowth in between sessions. With laser hair removal, you can enjoy smooth, hair-free skin at all times.
6. It’s a Long-Term Solution
Most people see permanent, lasting results with laser hair removal. In some cases, you may need a touch-up a few months or years down the line, but it remains one of the best long-term solutions available.